Please contact us to get started with your membership. You can call, visit, or email and we look forward to hearing from you.
Please visit during any of our scheduled class times.
Starting something new can be intimidating. Have no fear, our instructors and students will be there to help you along this new journey.
Can I try a class before signing up?
Yes! We offer one complimentary class to new students. Come in and enjoy a no pressure opportunity to experience a class, meet our instructors, learn some basic movements, and make a bunch of new friends.
What do I wear to my first class?
Comfortable gym clothes (short sleeve shirt, shorts) is preferable. We also have a collection of clean gi’s for new students to borrow if we have your size available.
Do I need to own a gi to try out the class?
No. Many new students borrow one of our clean gi’s to get started, or wear comfortable gym clothes such as a short sleeve shirt and shorts.
Do you offer women only classes?
Yes! We currently offer Women only jiu-jitsu class on Friday’s, 4:30 pm – 5:45 pm.
Is there an etiquette while inside CVBJJ?
- Be respectful to everyone in the dojo.
- Bow to the center of the dojo, when you enter or leave the dojo.
- Class begins and ends with a formal bow to the instructor with students lining up in descending order of grade.
- Bow to your partner before and after class.
- During class when the instructor is demonstrating techniques, all students must pay attention, no talking please.
- Talk should be kept to a minimum and should relate to the class subject.
- Absolutely no foul language or inappropriate discussions in the dojo.
- If you are late or need to leave early, you must ask the instructor for permission before you may enter or leave the mat.
- A complete gi must be worn at all times, unless instructor permits otherwise.
- The belt represents your progress, keep it on.
- All gi’s must be clean, a dirty gi is a sign of disrespect as well as a health risk.
- Keep your fingernails and toenails trimmed for everyone’s safety.
- All metal objects, jewelry, piercing or other such items must be removed for everyone’s safety.
- No shoes, food or drinks allowed on the mat.
- Furthermore, shoes must be worn off the mat and in the bathrooms at all times.
- Cellphones must be turned to silent or off during class.
- Never delay in releasing the hold when your partner taps! Do not hurt your partner!
Does CVBJJ have any protocols to prevent the spread of Covid-19?
- We insist that any students experiencing any symptoms of cold or flu stay home until they are at 100% health for the good of the school.
- We have temperature checks before training.
- We sanitize the mats between every class.
- No spectators allowed.